From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 22:50:32 -0700
Hi Tim;

Well, don't panic..  Since last April, I've been taking care of a rescue
that was turned in with 95% of her hair missing.  She was named Bunny, as it
was Easter Sunday when she came in.  The shelter mom Susanne, said in her
opinion she won't do the adrenal surgery as it seemed in her experience that
they live as long with or without, and feel no pain if the operation is not
done.  A couple of months ago she was in a crisis where she would arch her
head back and gasp, then not breathe at all for maby 25 seconds, then the
gasping again.  This was different from the "usual" low blood sugar episode,
where my Mr. Bear was listless and drooling.  I treated with the same
protocol, which was 2cc of clover honey on the gums and under the tongue.
That is followed with a recipe like Timmy's and Deliver 2.0 to maby 1/3rd
for extra calories that are slow to release (higher protein & fat).  Deliver
is unique in that the fats are fractionated triglycerides, which means
broken down to be easier to absorb.  Bear came out of it in maby 5 minutes,
Bunny took maby 20 minutes.

The common thread for non-surgical treatment is like a human with
hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) is frequent high-quality meals.  I had Bunny
& Bear on the recipe/Deliver combo 3-4 times/day.  Bunny went back to eating
Turkey Pro plan on her own, & now gets the recipe once a day with everyone
else.  The more healthy ones get the recipe without the Deliver as their
weight is good, some pudgy:)

Bunny is still doing good, but Mr. Bear passed on a couple of months ago.
He had an enlarged spleen for 3 years that was being controlled with
colloidal silver, oral, daily, but as of last spring he was getting nodules
on it, and abdominal ascites, or fluid build up.  As of last July, two vets
basically gave up on him.  I went to Boulder, Co.  where Dr. McCluggage is
who helped Timmy beat his "terminal lymphoma".  Timmy is alive & well over
two years later now, and has his own web page with info & recipes:) [Timmy's
home page with picture is: http://ferret-world.clayton.edu/timmy.html] Dr.
Dave had Mr. Bear on a homeopathic & we tried human gamma gobulin, .02cc/day
subQ.  He went from needing actual force feeding to eating on his own in 3
days.  This is not a known protocol, but it did work.

A couple of months later, Sept. last year, a ferret I got from a person in
Denver had the greens, though we didn't think he did.  The ECE was the 2
week version, not the 2 month, & went thru all my kids.  I know it didn't
help Bear, but he seemed to recover ok.  Finally, over a month later, he
just seemed very weak & shallow breathing.  I "sensed" that his mom might be
waiting on the other side, and told him that, and gave him permission to
leave if it was getting too much work for him to stay here.  I heard nothing
during the night, but the next day he had crossed over.

Bunny is going on 9 years old we "guess" from physical signs, but since she
was a turned in rescue we don't know for sure.  She is active, eating dry
food well, likes the recipe daily, and gives kisses.  She gets around
without trouble, & the local vet said that if she can remain stable thru
diet, that it would be much less strain than operations at this time, that
many not "cure" anything anyway.  (See Timmy's page for background on
nutrition and cancers/treatment).  When I can get caught up on new house
moving chores I will be putting Timmy's story on the FML server, with Bills'
kind permission, so it can be retrieved like the FAQ info, etc.

Please don't flip out with the word Cancer, as Timmy's ordeal has taught me
that it's not an automatic death sentence, there are lots of things you can
do in a pro-active sense.  The opposite was my brother who had leukemia,
would not consider "alternatives" and was basically poisoned to death thru
chemo. at the age of 47.  I learned a lot thru the 2000 hrs. of research I
did while he was sick, and that knowledge helped saved Timmy.  Ultimately,
life is not forever, but there is a lot that can be done to improve quality
as well as length.  Just look at Sukie's Meltdown, living months after many
vets might have given up on her.

The question of when the end is near I've been able to handle by giving
permission to leave.  I haven't yet had to "help anyone cross over"
chemically, but haven't had the occasion of someone screaming in pain in a
blind seizure that I have read about people encountering.

When Timmy was in the 5 month process of healing, many mornings I wouldn't
know if he was still with me, & cautiously looked to see if he was
breathing.  I personally feel letting them know they are loved and
appreciated gives them something & someone to live for, important for two or
four legged people.  I think lots of prayer helped also, and Dr. Dossy at
Harvard proved thru studies that it does.  He defined prayer as simply
positive thoughts directed at another, so it was very non-denominational in
structure.

My prayers are with you during this time of stress.  Any serious sickness is
no fun.  Take care,

                 Gary & the gang of fur ->

        Thru joining, their grief has been transmuted to joy,
        loneliness to celebration...

        ..Data, in "The Tin Man" episode, STNG.