From:
"Kris Aaron-Benedum (and S. & S.)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 10:50:12 -0500
Dayna said: Only ferret owners cheerfully tear apart and reassemble their
whole lives to accommodate their resident critter.  Now when I read a post
that is very emphatic, or exhorts others, or is outraged, or is angry, I see
a profound expression of love for fuzzys instead of anything negative.

I agree absolutely.  Also, some people aren't able to write their feelings
and emotions as well as they can communicate them verbally.  If a response
"reads" rudely, try saying it out loud in a friendly, coaxing, kindly tone
of voice.  Perhaps the person who wrote it had no idea it would be taken as
a flame.

Shari Diane wrote this update on Fert w/Urine & Behavior Problem: No
testicles.  I pressed down on where the testicles should be and it was
"hard." I did the same thing to a different male fert on Saturday and it was
"soft."

The testicles may be undescended, which creates all kinds of trouble.

Melissa said: Speaking of my vet, she had an enthusiastic bit to say about
marshall farms' ferrets' temperaments, which went as follows: "When i see
those two dots in the ears, i know what to expect as far as the sweetness of
the ferret.  They all have the same temperament, and they're all very
trustworthy; i dont have that guarantee with any unmarked ferret."

My little albino male is a MF fert and is the most loving, playful little
creature I could ask for.  Well, okay, he's big on lick-lick-lick-CHOMP, but
he never draws blood, which is more than I can say for my surly white kitty.

Another MF story: I was in a Madison, Wis.  pet store last week, the same
one that had 9 baby ferts for sale (at $119 each) a couple of months ago.
Only three are left & they're a "blue light special" at $89 each.  Sigh.
Not a good future for these guys.  Of course, I took one out to hug and play
with and he was my beloved Turbo!!  The same one I played with the last time
I visited.  (at least, I think he is).  Complete with two blue dots in his
ear.  I swear this guy is as big as a small cat.  I hugged and kissed, he
squirmed and wiggled, & I let him down on the carpet to run.  A minute later
someone came in the front door and Turbo made a dash for freedom.  I had to
pounce as fast as possible to keep him inside the store, and even though he
didn't know me HE DIDN'T BITE!!  He wanted to, I'm sure, but he didn't!!
And it happened again!!  That's one sweet little MF boy.

The sad part is that both my SO and I are working part-time jobs while
trying to start our own businesses and we can't afford Turbo, any more vet
bills or the amount of attention he'd need from us.  It breaks my heart, but
I have to hope he'll find a wonderful home with someone else.

Joanie Williams writes: Remember that the Ferretone and Nutrical (and
probably others) have vitamins A&E, not water soluable vitamins.  If the
body takes in more than it can use, it will be stored in the liver and cause
toxicity.  The dose suggested on the bottle seems way too high.

YIPES!!  What IS the correct dose?  My two little greed-hogs will eat as
much as I put out.  Their next few poops are runnier than normal and have a
slight greenish tinge to them, but if I don't put down any more Ferretone
the following poops return to normal.  How much should they have and how
often should they have it?

Kris