From:
"Tikki Mite (Terry)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 09:07:28 -0400
Ferret Math struck again 2 weeks ago.  I now ahve 14 of the wonderful fuzz
butts.  I have recieved 2 additions to my family(male and female), both
sable, undertermined age.  The gal who owned them abandoned them to go to
Hawaii.  C.D.  (male) has about 40% hairloss.  Spryte (female) sweet, tiny
and very petite.

C.D. is extremely healthy except for the hairloss.  I ran off a file for
care of Senior Ferrets which covered Adrenal problems, insolinoma, etc.  and
took it with me to the vet.  He kept them both for the day and we are
treating C.D. for a skin problem with Efavite.  I have noticed a bit of
grey, moldy looking fuzz appearing around his ears.  Looks funny.  He is
active, bright, playful and has good weight and eats very well.  Doc has me
keeping a close eye on him but so far so good.

They are both very sweet, don't like to be held long but do want attention.
When they were turned in they were both infested with fleas.  that was
cleared up before I brought them home.  The pet shop I deal with is always
getting in ferts that no one wants and if she cannot get good homes for them
due to health or whatever she sends them my way.  I suggested to my hubby
that maybe I should look into starting a rescue but he just said "we cannot
afford an addition on the house" :) He is right of course we have a very
small place.

The other 12 kids have taken to them quite well and everyone gets along
great.  It is ferret bedlam around here when they are out.  Not all 14 at
once though.  I have a couple of hard heads.
                                   Gotta love 'em all :)

Terry & the Fab 14