From:
"Emily E. Classon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 1996 17:12:24 -0400
HI there.  I have a few questions.

Do ferrets need to have their teeth brushed?  How often, with what?

How often should they have petromalt for hairballs?

How often can they have treats?  Neitra loves raisins (which I know she
can't have many of), Ferret Bites, and Chex cereal.  She has no interest in
Ferretone.

We had to take her to the vet because she was dehydrated.  She's doing so
much better now but needs to put on weight.  The people who owned her before
must not have fed her very often.  She is eating more but refuses the food
she was getting at the shelter.  She is devouring another food instead.  The
vet said that she might have been tired of the other one.  Ever since she
has been back from the vet, she has been so much more active (of course, she
was very active before) and loveable.  3D) Is = there anything else we
should do besides giving her regular food?  Will she eat enough to put on
some weight?

Oh, I just remembered another thing.  I have a bunch of stuffed animals in a
chair where we let her out.  She loves playing in them because they are
soft.  However, she'll dig around a bit and climb.  Then, she'll try to
burrow into the thick hair of one of them (really cute).  The problem is
that she immediately attacks the plastic eyes or noses of them.  They aren't
that shiny.  Does anyone know why she might be doing this?  Would she like a
stuffed animal of her own--one without plastic eyes/nose?

Thanks...  Emily=20

Nietra--They're looking at me, Mom!  That's why!