From:
Lyn Tablas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 1996 19:05:45 -0400
I saw nothing in Scott's post to invite such a hostile reply.  He was simply
stating his opinion.  I do find fault, however, with the assumption that
only people who have been abused have the right to react to abuse!  Does
this mean that, if someone witnesses a small child being beaten severely
they can only react if they themselves have been an abuse victim ?  That is
a very silly and egotistical notion.  No, mosy of us have NOT had all these
adverse life experiences, but we do care about animals and have a pretty
good idea about what is acceptable behavior and how animals should be
treated.  And it is our right to be outraged about neglect and/or cruelity,
regardless of our past experiences.