From:
Jason Creager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 09:39:53 -600
If you're going to try to bring the ferrets with you on the plane, be sure
to get an approval for this IN WRITING from the airline when you get the
tickets.  The last thing you want is to have to argue with a stewardess as
the plane is boarding about whether or not it's alright.  You would
definitely want to take some deodorizer with you for when the eventual
happens.

There is no reason to panic about checking the pet carrier as baggage.  All
pets are shipped in a pressurized, temperature controlled storage area that
is pretty much like the cabin without seats.  The only difference is that
you'd probably go to a different turnstile to pick them up, since pets are
unloaded seperately with special handling.  My brother's cat made it all the
way from Germany safely.  The risk to ferrets flying across the US is
minimal.

If anyone has to ship ferrets, you can always use Delta Dash, the herper's
best friend.  They ship airport to airport in a matter of hours (using the
same cargo storage mentioned above).  Thousands of snakes and other
herptiles have met their new owners at the airport this way.  I don't think
UPS or the postal service will even accept any kind of mammal for shipment.