From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 17:39:20 -0400
Here's a totally safe non-toxic flea treatment to get rid of adult fleas
while waiting for other long term remedies to take effect.

Every night, place a shallow bowl of water on the floor. Use a desk lamp to
shine a light in it. The light, warmth and moisture attracts the fleas. They
jump in and can't get out. Poor little beggers drown. (Heh, heh!)

We had a major flea-festation a few years ago and tried this along with a
spray that interrupts the growth cycle.  First night we caught a dozen or
more fleas.  Each night after that there were fewer fleas, until after about
10 days, they were gone.

This works only if your ferrets are caged at night.  Otherwise they go
skinny-dipping!

Linda, Richard, Joy, Belle and Caruso