From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 10:54:59 -0500
1.  Thanks, Bill, for the info.  I didn't want to have Mortimer descented,
but I am going to talk to the vet about this when he goes back for his
rabies shot, soon.  He must have known I posted here because he didn't
poof once yesterday as far as I know.  I also got my first Mortimer kiss
last night.  My husband thinks I'm crazy to let him lick my face.  (He's
punched a few holes in both of our hides) But, heck, you only live once.

2.  Tanya: sorry about your sick fuzzie.  Your posting was sad, and I
hope she gets better soon.  She's got a great mom and sounds like a good
vet, too.

3.  We see Vicki Daldin in the Ann Arbor area.  She's got something like
ten years of experience with ferrets.  I know there are quite a few
experienced ferret vets in the area.  I like Dr. Daldin tons.  Email me
if you want any details.

4.  Ferrets and babies: (easy now) I've never seen either of mine with a
real small baby.  I would trust Sebastian (always with supervision) to
behave around babies and small children.  He's extremely gentle.  My
one-year-old nephew's mom did sorta look anxious when Sebastian tried to
steal those cute little shoes off his feet --ever so gently.  Now,
Mortimer, I think for now he's only allowed to play with adults who know
and love ferrets.  I think it depends on the individual ferret.  I have
seen dogs who show aggression towards children, and I find this much more
disturbing.  *shiver*

-Catherine