From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 13:20:16 EST
Hello to all, I hope you New Englanders are keeping safe and warm in
your little flurry there!

Well, my best X-mas gift actually came yesterday morning.  I've been living
on the couch for the last three days, grading exams from last semester
(piles of paper everywhere, which greatly amused the ferrets), and both
ferrets made a habit out of checking on me every now and then.  Well,
yesterday morning around 7am (that's SUnday morning), as I sat wit Amelia
curled up in my lap, Cully came up on to the couch to say hi.  Rather than
pouncing on Amelia as I expected, he actually lay down along side my leg and
slept for an hour!  It was a double bonus, really, since not only didn't he
attack Amelia but also he slept knowing she was only about 7inches away from
her, but also this is the first time he's shown this much trust in a person
either.  When we first brought home Cully, I thought his excessive biting
was just a lack of training, but I've since realized that for whatever
terrible reason he's scared of everything, and he bites largely out of fear.
So, here's a happy adopted ferret story-- I've still got a lot of work ahead
of me with him, but this was a substantial piece of progress!

BTW, I've always thought my ferrets say brk brk brk, like my email address
(assigned to me by pure happy chance).

Regina (happy happy joy joy)
Cully (I guess I could try just a little cuddle...)
Amelia (ZZZZ)