From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 08:06:47 -0700
Hi,

My little Minnie (unfixed female) and her mom (unfixed, about three) nip a
bit too.  I've been trying some things I've learned here, shaking lightly
by the scruff and hissing (like a mom ferret), biting back (I feel too
guilty to continue this, but someone here recommended it), harsh words,
etc., but amn't getting results.  They're both albinos.  Not to
discriminate, but do albinos bite more than other ferrets?  That doesn't
sound likely.  I do think, probably the unfixed ferrets may tend to be
nippier, due to hormones.  Any opinions/advice appreciated.  Thanks.

As for hair loss.  We had a little problem with this around the scruff of
the neck on one of our neutered males, Gadzook.  We began giving him a raw
egg occasionally and this seemed to help.  I've heard that mild hair loss
can be caused by some nutritional deficiency True?  How about raw eggs for
ferrets?  I've heard both: JUST the yolks or JUST the whites are good.

On Pacific Northwest breeders to Bill Killian.  I live in Seattle and
know of a couple breeders.  Would that be close enough?  I'll e-mail you
directly if so.

BYW - Ferrets Northwest (ferret club) ARE YOU OUT THERE?  WHAT ARE YOUR
ACTIVITIES/NEWSLETTER/ETC.??

Are there any ferret shows in the greater Seattle/Everett area?? I'd love
to go and bring a couple ferrets.

Thanks,

Lynn, Tarzan, Claudette, Minnie, Gadzook, Wally, Schroeder Boat, Percy
and Wellington (the cat)