From:
Onyx and Shamrock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 11:07:13 -0600
Well, yesterday i added a third ferret to our family.  He is a pretty
little black eyed white, a coloration i adored.  We found him locked in a
tiny pet kennel at the back of a reptile specialty store, dropped off by a
couple that were moving to a FFZ...

He is reportedly 1.5 years old and current on his shots.  His nails looked
like they had never been trimmed, but frosty was very calm while i remedied
the situation.  unfortunately that is part of the problem-- he is very calm
about everything, seems extremely lethargic in comparison to my other boys,
ages 3 and 6 months.  also, his weight is about 1 lb, the same as my 3
month old.  He is very thin, bones are very prominent, and he had a few
fleas, tho not enough to really cause concern by themselves.  I am taking
him to see my vet this morning, but am looking for any help i can get.  He
is not interested in ferretvite, and picks at the food i gave him, laced
with ferretone.  his coat is in decent shape, but he shivers occasionally
as if cold.  he is not dehydrated and drinks quite well.

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

val