From:
"Howell, Cynthia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 09:28:00 EDT
Jeffrey <<Sid has been scratching a lot more than usual lately...>>

    Hey!  My Oscar has been itching like mad since about Sunday night.  We
got up on several occasions even after going to bed, he was making such a
ruckus.  We checked for fleas-negative.  We checked for prickly things in
his bed- negative.  We checked for dry skin-negative.  The only two things I
could think of were that I used Tide for the first time to wash their
bedding this weekend (any reports of ferret allergies to detergents?) and
that he's got major winter fur growth going on (do ferrets get itchy with
new fur?).

    BTW, spritzing him with MelaMiracle conditioning spray  (available from
Quality Farm and Fleet) seemed to soothe/annoy ("hey! I don't itch, but I'm
wet, d*** you!") him.  (The MelaMiracle shampoo is also very nice and non-
weasel- noxious.)

    Any other explanations suggestions would be appreciated for me and my
Oscar.  Thanks!!

The House of Wayward Weasels (Thistle, Pico, and Oscar)
who patiently tolerate
Cindee and Myron