From:
Barbkitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 09:26:39 -0500
Seymour is bathed every two weeks because the fleas here in central Texas
are just horrendous!  It may seem a bit excessive, but I think that any
drying that bathing may cause would be less tramatic than all those itchy
fleas!  Poor baby, sometimes the fleas get so bad that he'll actualy turn
around and hiss at them (it looks like he's hissing at his own rear end).
The shampoo I use is made for ferrets, and it doesn't seem to bother him.
The cat also has to bathed that often( too young for spray or flea collar).
The fleas are still not gone, but this is the best way I've found to keep
them under control.  Bombing just doesn't work.  All that has done for us is
put the animals under stress because they had to stay outside til it was
done.

    Someone mentioned that a certain type of shampoos can be harmful to
ferrets.  True, but I think different shampoos affect different fuzzies in
different ways(huh?) What I mean is, a shampoo that makes one guy sick may
not harm another.  We used to bathe the poodle in human shampoo, which was
fine, but the shampoo that the groomers used made her break out with
horrible skin allergies.  When we told them, they said 'oh, but it couldn't
be *our* shampoo, it's all organic!' Yeah, whatever.  Point is, all shampoo
should be used with a bit of caution.  Something like shampoo may seem
pretty harmless, but ya never know what may happen.

BTW: Manuel, I am 19, in college, and married(which does not mean I am
pregnant or have babies, which is what most people assume).  Where are you?
The hurricane is starting to worry me....

        Fuzzie kisses to all!
                --Barbara T.