From:
Norma-ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 15:06:08 -0400
Well, Leo just got his final Distemper shot, and his Rabies shot and all
went well. The Doctor thought he may have a bit of a yeast infection in
his ears, though, since I had just cleaned them the day before and they
were Really dirty (and slightly smelly) again, already. So, he is getting
drops in his ears twice a day for the next week. The Doctor thought he was
really cute (they always go on about the ferrets when i bring them in
there) and she said that she just loves it when she gets to work with
one. She was thinking about getting one "of her very own", but said she
was worried about the ferret getting into some hole or something in her
house.

I talked to her about Molly, too...who is losing a lot of hair and some
weight...and told her that i was worried it might be an adrenal tumor.  I
also told her that it could just be stress though, since she was absolutely
fine until a) Leo came along, b) i moved, c) i moved again less than a week
later (long story!) and d) Leo came along.  Leo just %loves% his new
sister, a bit too much, and will not give her a moments peace.  He is
constantly hoping all around her, chuckling a lot, and trying to get her to
play with him.  Often he'll hop right onto her head (she weighs about an
ounce, while Leo weighs, roughly, one ton).  Well, the Doctor thinks that
it %is% most likely (very likely) stress.  She says hair loss and poor
appetite are the most common symptoms of fuzzy stress.  So, she told me to
keep them separate for one week and see if she shows any improvement...i
REALLY hope she does, because she seems way too tiny for surgery.

Anyway, besides that little update...i just wanted to tell everyone about
my truly great discovery. I went to the pharmacy to see if i could order
Deliver 2.0 (for Molly)--no, i guess it isn't available in Canada? And i
told the pharmacist about the problem. Well, to make a long story short
he gave me (for free!!!) a little feeding syringe with a little plastic
tube. I bought some more Ensure (even though Molly wasn't really having
any part of it thus far) and was planning on "force feeding" her with
this thing. Amazingly enough, all of a sudden, Molly thinks that Ensure
is the greatest treat in the world...just as long as she get to _lick_ it
from the end of this little tube. This is just so great and i am able to
get her to eat (drink) quite a bit of it!!! Hopefully this will put some
weight on my little bag of bones soon.

All for now,
Norma-ann,
Co-founder of SOFA