From:
Marcy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 11:19:06 -0500

Abercrombie and Fitch is a somewhat high-brow nationwide clothing/outdoor
store that began as a hunting supply store (I think).

The ferret names began with Fitch, who was named so because that is his
brand of ferret (the kind with the mask).  Fitch is currently five years
old, and came to me from a home in which he was mistreated and about to be
put to sleep. The term "fitches" applies to animal skins prior to being
sold for use in coats, etc.  However, this name was not given as a threat!!
:)  Nicknames are "the Fitchster", "Little Guy" and "Fitchers".

Abercrombie came later, and the name just seemed to fit.  He is a frisky
two years old, and was rescued from walking around the streets on a rainy
night and nearly being hit by a car.  Nicknames are "Abie" (after one of
the infamous Chicago Seven) and "Damn you, you turned over the garbage can
again!!!".

Hope that helps!  It's great to see that the names are eyecatching!  Both
of them know their names, and respond when they are called (unless they are
sleeping or otherwise occupied).

All our best!

Marcy, Abercrombie and Fitch