From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 11:17:33 -0400
Ferrets were used years ago on cargo ships for rodnet control.  Watching
what one of my ferrets did to a bird he got hold of makes me realize that he
still has plenty of hunting instinct left.  I think most ferrets do.
Rmember the keyword here is instinct.  I am suprised that you have a mouse
with the ferrets in the household.  Rodents are instinctively afraid of the
scent of a ferret.  Remember, these cute fuzzies were once considered
ferocious hunters.  As far as letting them catch the mouse, maybe one of our
resident vets can give some input.  As long as it is a mouse, not a rat, and
the fuzzies are up to date on all shots, they should be OK.  What I would
suggest is letting them run around the house while you supervise.  The
presence of the ferrets should be enough to scare off the mouse.

Beds:
We don't have a problem with fuzzies in bed springs- we have a waterbed.
Can't get under it, anlots of fun to play on top of it!

Sympathy notes:
To everyone who has lost a fuzzie over the past week, the Duck family would
like to extend it's sincerest symapthies.
-Mrs. Duck