From:
CYBER SCORPION <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 07:41:41 EDT
Hi All,

Well, I visited the local shelter the other day and ended up bringing
two home.  They were a package deal given up by the previous owner
because she supposedly could not care for them properly due to a busy
schedule.  Crystal, the female, is a one year old albino, and the
male, yet unnamed, is also a year old and is a big lovable sable.
Crystal has a biting problem that will have to be cured.  She is
probably the hardest biter I've had to deal with so far.  She dosen't
seem to do it maliciously, but boy does she make it hurt.  The new
male is a real sweetheart, dosen't bite or even nip at all.  The
biggest problem, however, is Mickey mainly, and Niki secondly.  They
don't seem to like the newcomers.  Mickey has attacked them both.  He
will run after them, grab one by the neck and then drag the unlucky,
screaming victim across the floor.  Naturally I break it up
immediately and scold Mickey.
This morning after the newcomers spent the night in the cage away
from Mickey,  I decided to see how Niki would get along w/ Crystal.
Well, 2 minutes after being in the cage, Niki was doing the same
thing to poor Crystal.  What do I do about this problem?  I know that
there is an adjustment period for everyone to get used to the idea of
being together in harmony.  It is only the second day, but is this
fairly normal to see this kind of aggression towards newcomers, and
about how long is the average adjustment period till they accept one
another.  Right now, the new ones are out and exploring the place,
Niki is in her drawer sleeping, and beastboy Mickey is in the cage
for being so mean.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks...

Fred R.
Wilm., DE