From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 18:45:42 -0400
Dave,

We've had good luck with Vet Kem Ovitrol Plus.  Advertized as safe even for
very young kittens.  We start around the neck to keep the fleas from
migrating from the body up to the head; then spray the stomach, back, tail,
legs.  Then spray our hands and rub it in the head, ears, and around the
under part of the chin and muzzle.  Kills the adult fleas and keeps the eggs
from hatching.  Wash the bedding in hot water with bleach. You can/should
spray the cage and the floor area too.  (Vet Kem also makes a room/house
spray that is kitten safe too.)  We only had to do one treatment of the
ferrets and the carpets.  Haven't seen a flea since.

Dick B.