From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 1995 22:39:29 -0400
Melissa et al here:

Do any of your ferrets paw at the rims of their water bowls?  Two of mine
now do, and couldnt have taught each other (no contact betwixt the pair).
Usually, they'll rest one paw on the side of the bowl and paw with the
other along the opposite rim, for no apparent purpose.  Buh.

Also, what's the purpose of "snorkeling?" I noticed tonight that Friday
uses it primarily while eating - dunks her nose in just past her whiskers,
pulls her head out, shakes, and continues eating.  Potpie uses a more
moderate form, brushing her chin across the surface of the water.  A way to
clean their muzzle?  ideas?  they certainly do it for fun, too.

Toy: a modification on tying a bit of cloth to the end of an invisible
string - try tying a pingpong ball to the string.  my ferrets go bonkers -
the ball ricochets unpredictably and bounces irresistably.  I have a
suspicion that if you painted the ball grey and somehow gave it a squeaky
inside, you'd have one very business-like ferret and one very mangled
toy...just my theory on ferrets' reactions to squeaky things and small
darting toys.

melissa and croo

    Melissa Litwicki                                    [log in to unmask]
    Radio Controlled Operation In Vivid Six Ways Of Movement With Reality!