From:
"edman (Ed Atlee)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 16:04:30 EDT
Many's the time I've seen Annie, in mid-war-dance (mid-dook, even) suddenly
find that she's run out of bed...ROTFL!!!  "That look" is just hilarious!!
We currently have a futon (easy ferret access) that's pushed up almost
against a wall at the top (head) of it.  Centered above the head of the bed
is a window.  Annie, of course, likes to get on the windowsill and check
things out.  The other day, we were playing one of her favorite games, which
invoves her being on the bed and me "fluffing" a blanket or sheet over her,
i.e., grabbing one end, standing at the foot of the bed, and kind of acting
like I'm making the bed & trying to get the ssheet straight, so that the
sheet is going up & down, up & down, on top of her.  She got excited, made a
mad dash to the top of the bed, leapt for the windowsill, and missed!!,
managing to slide straight down into the little space between the bed & the
wall -- voila, disappearing ferret, ferret's daddy rolling on the floor
again :D

I recently decided they needed a bigger food bowl, and filled the old one
with water...they love it!!!  For drinking anyway, not a lot of play, though
Annie did stick her face in & swish it around once or twice.  The best,
though, was when I put it on the sheet underneath the cages.  While Goose
started drinking, Annie burrowed under the sheet, *straight for the bowl*!!
Goose was *NOT* amused when his paws got wet (ever seen a ferret hop?  :)

Best wishes to all with sick or recently departed fuzzballs. Prayers & best
wishes for Rajah.

--Ed Atlee
Ed, who's 26, Kim, 24, Anastasia (AAIIEE!!), about a year to the day, Goose
(slurp, slurp, this is much better than that bottle thing..HEY!!), app.  6
yrs, and Maggie the Lab (you guys are silly!), a young 12 years.