From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 12:37:59 -0700
Hi,

Thank you all so much for your replies to my vaccination questions.
Unfortunately, I got conflicting answers and am still not sure if my ferrets
who have received annual vaccinations, but not the initial series, need the
series now.  Or if my 8-month and 1-year-old, who may not have had any
vaccinations, should have a series of two.  I'm hoping I can take them to
the mobile clinic and get one distember vac.  for now, then another next
month (in four weeks) if need be.  THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUPPORT.

RE: Teleporting; I was looking all over for my little Minnie one night, when
there she appeared from behind the refrigerAtor onto the kitchen countertop
- so amusing, except that the refrigerator isn't a good place to be.  It's
taken us a long time, but finally the kitchen and house (including couch)
are ferret proofed.  We even ferret proofed the backyard, to the extent that
the little guys concentrate now on having fun, rather than getting out.
They're always supervised though.

RE: earplugs: Mine steal mine.  Tarzan steals them right from my ears and
ferrets them away.  They're the white waxy kind.  He also likes to chew
plastic, so I'm very careful, now, to keep earplugs and plastic out of
harms way.

RE: chummy ferrets.  I've been getting my ferrets to become more cuddly, by
stroking them and handling more, gradually.  A couple of the little guys are
at the point where lying them on their backs and tugging their arms - front
and back - gently, gets them yawning.  Then I begin massaging their necks
right above their shoulder blades, and they become putty.  They then get a
full back massage, which they LOVE.  Then they eventually want to curl up
(in that reflexive way they have) and nap.  They don't want to cuddle if
they've just come out of their cage and it's play time, but Tarzan is more
and more willing to cuddle anytime - just waiting for that MASSAGE.

Thanks again for your care.  Warm, healing thoughts all weekend to Rajah.

Lynn Mc.