From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 22:25:53 -0400
Dear Anon:

It sounds like Murry's previous owner didn't socialize him.  I suggest you
use the same methods people use to train kits ie scruffing.  Grab murry by
the scruff of the neck and brace his body agains your arm.  Shake him from
side to side to disorient him then yell NO into his face.  Do this a couple
of times, Then cuddle him.  First you let him know you don't like to be
bitten, then you let him know you still love him.  If you immediately lock
him into his cage, he gets dejected.  If you cuddle him, he feels secure in
your love.

As far as him interacting with your other ferret, it sounds like dominance
play.  I hate to sound like a broken record be it should settle down in
time.  Give them room to have it out, but be ready to separate them and send
them to neutral corners if things get too rough.

As for the poster who wants to know about ferrets in the car.  Even in the
shade with the windows open, it's dangerous.  I have to echo other peoples
concerns and ask you to please find other arrangements.  I can tell you love
them.  I don't want to see you heart broken when you find out about heat in
cars the hard way.