From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 15:58:04 -0400
This message must be very quick as we are still experiencing the bands of
Hurricane Erin.

Ferret Friends of Indian River County Shelter is at this time O.K.  But
weather is bad - high winds and under Tornado Watch

Ferret Lovers Association and Sundancer's Ferrets Shelter and Rescue was hit
by Hurricane ERIN.  SHELTER IS DAMAGED.

Emergency supplies are being sent in  - however it appears that more will be
needed - Basic items needed:
Ferret Water bottles, Food Bedding, Nutrical, Flea Spray.  If you have any of
these supplies which you can spare please send them to the FLA  1040 10th
Street, Osteen, FL  32764.  There is also an address being given out to send
supplies to Deborah Jeans - if you have already sent supplies to her address
- not to worry DJ is shipping supplies this afternoon to the FLA Shelter.
And supplies she receives with either be sent to FLA or another shelter that
gets hit.

PLEASE be aware that the FFIRCI Shelter was evacuated - Hurricane ERIN did
make landfall in VERO BEACH, FL (where the FFIRCI shelter is).  But all
shelter animals are O.K. and now back in the shelter.

At 3:00PM 8/2/1995 A Tornado struck Titusville Florida.  - We are trying to
monitor damage to that area.
[Moderator's note: At least 5 people injured there, according to National
Weather Service reports.  BIG]

I know this appears disjointed - you will have to excuse me but the wind is
pounding outside and I keep loosing power here (thank heavens I have a UPS
Back-up

As soon as it calms down I will come back with exactly what has happened and
the condition in our area.

Chere McCoy
Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response International.

Please do not try to contact the FLA  - they were without power for 9 hours
and last time I was able to get them on the phone the power went out again.

Should we be off line again please use the phone numbers I gave before:
Ann & Howard Davis 703-503-7313 or on the AOL  Acmeferret or Howardavis

I have further reports on floriday shelter but it will have to wait till it
calms down hear