From:
"Nicole M. Barnes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 15:40:17 -0400
Hi Everybody,

I have a three month old male ferret that was descented and fixed before I
bought him at a pet store just over a week ago.  My question is:  is it
normal for a neutered ferret to have such a noticeable odor?  I have given
him two baths and change his litter everyday.  Also, I have documentation
from the pet store that the operations WERE performed.  A friend of mine
had a male ferret that was not fixed and smelled no more than Jimi, and
never smelled up the whole room his cage was in.  I've heard that ferret
food makes the urine stink, and was wondering if feeding him cat food
would possibly reduce the odor.

Other than that, things are going great.  Thanks for any help.

Niki