From:
william killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 1995 00:20:41 -0400
The Breeder's Digest is put together by Vickie McKimmey of Luckett's
Virginia (Loudoun County near Leesburg - sort of near DC).  With help from
Denise Edens and Raven Moore.  Quoting from the statement of purpose on
page 2.

      "_Breeder's_Digest_ is a not for profit, non-political publication
dedicated to the betterment of responsible ferret breeders and responsible
ferret breeding practices.  _Breeders_Digest_ does not promote irresponsible
ferret breeding nor does it accept or condone the practice of indiscriminate
ferret breeding."

also
         "Subscriptions are designed for the breeder who does not want to
be listed but wants to keep up to date on breeding issues and info from
responsible breeders across the country.  Four issues (published quarterly)
of _Breeder's_Digest_ are only $10.  ...  Make checks payable to Vickie
McKimmey and send to _Breeder's_Digest_, PO Box 2371, Leesburg, VA 22075"

There are a couple dozen breeders in her directory with profiles written by
the breeders themselves.  (inluding us and several other FML subscribers as
well).  It is a newletter format with more new information than most of the
current newsletters - at least to those of us who read the FML.  An awful
lot of newsletters are just 'the greatest hits of the FML'.  Information is
highly oriented to the breeder - whose jills are due when - we usually like
to know where a backup jill to help our kits if problems arise.  Who has
vasectomized hobs.  If you are interested in the breeding of ferrets in the
future this would be a very good newsletter to receive.  Vickie is a friend
of ours but we get no reward for mentioning this, and Vickie really doesn't
even break even on the publishing.  This is a also a good source of where
to obtain good quality kits.  Shelters get mentioned as most of the
breeders also run 'shelters' (also including us and several other FML
subscribers).

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets