From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 10:15:06 EDT
Prices in the Montreal area are all over the map.  The first time that I
saw ferrets for sale was last fall, and the shop was selling them for $65
Canadian, which would be about $40-45 U.S.  They had no shots, were not
fixed or descented, and bit everything that came into reach.  Still, I was
smitten, and did research all over the city looking for ferrets from a
better shop.  The most expensive was $150, no shots, no operations; the
best deal was $180, with initial shots, spayed, and descented from nice
people with a clean happy store.  I was lucky to get my Amelia, as somebody
else had just cancelled an order for a female sable (although she isn't)
and this was the last batch of kits being shipped.  Sorry about the
descenting to those who have problems with it; I have asthema, and I think
the love I give Amelia compensates.

About meeting strangers-- Amelia is generally very good with strangers.
As we say, she only bites the people she loves.  I have noticed though
that if I'm in the park with her and there are people making me nervous,
she will stare at them and be tense until they or we go away, or until
I make an effort to relax myself.  I don't mean people who I am already
talking to, but people walking by or standing around.  She's my little
guard ferret-- and who knows, some people react to ferrets on such a
gut level, maybe she would scare people off!  She did thouroughly
intimidate a Doberman in the park a few days ago, much to its owner's
chagrin...   Enough rambling for today!

Regina and Amelia ("Don't worry Mom, I'll protect you")