From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 1995 11:54:43 EDT
In Elfyr's post yesterday about Finnegan's unfortunate cat encounter
(happy for you that it wasn't worse!), Elfyr mentioned a third eyelid.
How many eyelids do ferrets have?  Are the inner one(s) clear?

Other people have mentioned that their ferrets will swish their heads
under water-- well, yesterday, Amelia was out on the balcony, which we
have hopefully successfully ferret-proofed (I bear chicken-wire scratches
all over my arms as a result), and I had left some plant pots full of
dirt, no plants, out there.  Of course she bee-lined for them, and I
thought, well, I'll give her a treat and let her dig around.  After she'd
turned the soil over and made it fluffy, she stuck her whole head, up
past her ears, into one pot and swished her head under the dirt!  She
looked so funny when she popped her head back out, fur all standing up
the wrong way and covered with dirt crumbs...  I swished her head under
some water afterwards, which she did not find near so fun.

Regina and Amelia (what? I can't hear you, there's dirt in my ears)