From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 10:05:28 -0600
Hi all. This is Rocket's lovable human toy speaking. I wrote the other day
about ocassionally putting bacon grease on Rocket's food (usually once a
weak or so) and he loves it. I am a little concerned over the health
problems Erika mentioned that this might cause and was wondering if any of
you have heard of this. (not questioning you, Erika, just wanted a second
opinion:)) Alex's family (future inlaws) have done this for years with
their dog with no apparent problems. Erika mention the nitrites and
preservatives might be harmfull (erika, you didnt mention what kind of
problems you had experienced with your dog) Can anyone help me on this? I
thought that the extra fat would be good for his coat and since he enjoys
it so much, I thought it made a great treat. Hope someone out there can
help!

Thanks!
Diane