From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 1995 21:50:28 -0400
Thanks to everyone on FML,

It's been two days since Paddington "crossed the Rainbow Bridge."  It doesn't
hurt as much any more.  It doesn't feel like a good by forever.  More like
when a good friend moves away, but you know you will eventually see him/her
again.

There are still some reminders of him.  The smaller cage he slept in.  The
sleep bag he curled up in.  The end of the dust mop he so loved.  I miss him,
but I'm glad he's not suffering.

I'd like to share something with all of you.  Seven years ago, Pepper, a
black lab collie mix and another beloved friend, died of old age.  We miss
her as well.  On the way back from the vet, I caught a glimps of her and
Paddington playing in a field together.  I'm not sure if it is a true vission
or merely wishful thinking.  But I will take it as a sign of hope that we
will eventually see all our friends, two and four legged, again.

Thanks for your support, and empathy to others who have lost a fuzzy friend.