From:
Steve & Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 16:56:36 EDT
The earlier ferret portraits I'd like prints of are those of Elizabeth
I with her ferrets.

Speaking of ferret portraits -- Mary and her crew (as well as a BFF, and
kind words from Gary) made it to the first page (page number 27) of the
Sunday New York Times Metro Report Section, and page 31 of that section
on 6/25/95.  Congratulations!!!  BTW, Mary, Steve does very nice computer
art collages and it struck me that when he gets time perhaps you'd like
some?  The problem is we don't have any ferret or background shots which
are of correct size to scan nicely enough as well as lacking background
shots which don't belong to others.

Bruce, it's about time you remembered your own health, too, sir!!!!!!!!!
You know that we all hold you in very high regard for all you have done.
The last thing you should feel is guilt.  After all, has anyone done more
to improve ferret pathology?  We all want you strong, healthy, happy, and
rested.  Let us know when you decide to get a team together to produce a
new pathology text and we can all pass on word to our vets that all in
the discipline need it.  (I know that you haven't mentioned such a thing,
but it seems the next step, and you could parcel out the load, I hope.)

Steve and I had to get Ruffle in for more skin tumors on Friday, and now
Spot has managed to somehow inflame his gum and mandible.  I'm wondering
if it's just a cut or a fractured tooth from bar rattling.  Sigh.  All
the others are doing marvelously.  Except for a bald half inch remaining
on her tail Meltdown has recovered so well from her adrenalectomy and
spleenectomy that she looks and acts like a three year old.  'Chopper is
chubby.  Meeteetse and Warp each have the energy of any 2 to 3 typical
adults.

Chere, something struck me which might interest you as a potential
business, and might help others here.  Perhaps you could re-post your
address so that those interested might contact you?  We often hear of
those who can't safely fly their ferrets, but you already know a number of
small pilots who do so in rescue operations.  Would enough of these folks
be able and interested in adding safe pet transport to their agendas for
such an approach to fly?  (Ouch!) Ferrets aren't the only ones with the
problem.  We know of folks who have lost dogs, and I recall a mad scramble
once to move Maddy (my 'daughter' chimp) down to Yerkes.  There's a void
here, a business oppportunity, and the free advertising from rescues (and
maybe from things like helping transport Koko, et.  al.  to HI if Penny P.
gets up enough support) could be useful as both charitable actions and
publicity.  BTW, yes, it was our mortgage Leo Loudenslager loaded in his
'92 ribbon cut, and we were in the production credits of the '92 Sussex
Air Show tape as well.  CFP Video (BTW, Don could be a good resource for
those thinking of producing future ferret instructional tapes since he
also has a studio because he does cable shows, too: P.O.  Box 86,
Caldwell, N.J.  07006) it's owned by friends so we lend a hand (free, of
course) when able.

To FAITH in lifting weights and kissing ferrets!
                        Sukie