Date:
Sun, 14 May 1995 00:47:39 -0400
Wonderful News.....

Okay..... I asked you to watch for future posts.... and I do apologize for
taking soooo long but the bureaucracy of this culture is mind boggling.  We
are still working on other plans, but the red tape is causing some minor
delays.

Here are what we have accomplished so far......

1.  In AUBURN, CA, the "Mother Lode Minor Hounds" is having a show, like a
boat show, cat show, gem show, etc.  They have generously given us(the CDFA
and FA) the use of a free booth, to generate public interest and support.  We
are very excited about this as it is a non-pet related incident, but we are
being fully supported.  It is on June 3-4 beginning at 8:00 A.M. at the
Auburn Fairgrounds.  Directions will be posted soon. Please try to attend and
bring friends and family.  We are looking to gain support for our
legalization in this area as the senator from that area voted against us in
the committee hearing.  We need people to show up and help.  We need people
we can train to continue these efforts in this area (Auburn/Stockton/Lodi).
We will supply these people with all the information they need.... to go out
and get petitions signed, sit outside pet stores and malls and educate and
gain support.  Please, join us.  Remember Numbers count....

2.  In Fremont, CA, a very large local pet store, Cindy's Discount Pet
Supplies, has invited us to join them at their new Grand Opening location.
This pet store has been extremely supportive of us in the past and honors us
by inviting us to this very large even.  They will be holding a pet clinic as
well.  We will be there in force, again handing out literature, getting
petitions signed, and recruiting help for the local area.  Fortunately or
unfortunately these two events coincide on the same dates, so we have had to
split out very limited forces.  Please join us (The CDFA and FA) at 40511
Albrae, Fremont, CA.  On 880 north on south take the Stevenson exit West.  At
the next light, Albrae, (Sizzler on left corner)  make a Left turn.  Cindy's
will be on the right in the same shopping center with the Home Depot.....

Please remember we have other things in the works and will be getting back to
you as soon as they are firmed up.....

Numbers count..... we need to be seen in support of our legislative efforts,
we need to get petitions out to be signed, and we need support and help.

If you have sent me a private e-mail offering to help and gave me a number
where I can reach you, I will be calling to get your assistance for these
events and others.... so please clear your calendars..... Just because your
kid is getting married that day, is no reason to miss a fuzzy supporting
effort (VBG)........

CDFA1