From:
william killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 01:33:09 -0400
Many years ago when I got my first ferret I tried for many months to name
her.  Name after name was used and abandoned.  Eventually I decided her
name was to be the nickname I'd taken to calling her "Furball", when her
buddy showed up she was christened "Fuzzface".  (Furball is still alive
and kicking - I even still show her in the independant ferret shows in
the area - she'll be at the Metro show in Alexandria)

Since I've become a breeder I went with names associated (albeit quite
loosely with the name my wife and I chose for our "business business" Zen
and the Art of Ferrets.  We have ferrets named things such as Buddha,
Dalai Lama, Siddhartha.  We have also drifted off the main strem for our
non-showing ferrets (vasectomized hobs and handicaps) to Yakitori,
General Tso, and Teriyaki - we like oriental food of all varieties.

Not sure it will help anyone else name there ferret though....

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets