From:
"Bruce H. Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 1995 02:27:10 -0700
A little off my beaten track:

        To Diane and Alex:

> Alex and I blocked off the kitchen right away when we got Rocket with a
>baby gate.  Other than a few attempts at scaling the gate, it has worked
>wonderfully.  Now, though, we have a problem.  Alex recently had knee
>surgery and it is very difficult for him to climb over the gate every time
>he needs to get into the kitchen.

     Diane - Colleen and I, after years of falling over baby gates bought
two of the new Fisher-Price "walk through" baby gates.  They have a door
with a release handle, so once you set it up. all you have to do is press
the release and it swings open like any other door.  Much easier on the
knees and everything else, and it works as well as any of the other gates.

Bruce H. Williams, DVM         Dept. of Veterinary Pathology
Chief Pathologist, AccuPath    Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
[log in to unmask]         Washington, D.C.  20306-6000