From:
Crowley Cabal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 1995 13:08:49 -0400
I'm glad to hear that so far, your interspecies meeting have gone well.  I
would advise extreme caution for a while.  It appears from the fml that many
cats get along great with ferrets; this is the case  with a good friend of
mine.

However, my roomate brought her cat home (from her parents house) to visit a
couple of weeks ago.  We figured that all would be fine, as _Ionie_  had a
ferret playmate when she was a kitten.

Everything appeared to be going well.  I was watching them play (actually,
Finn was playing by himself & the cat was just watching, fascinated).  Well,
Ionie took a swipe a Finn, who promptly beat a hasty retreat under the bed.
He was dooking & chuckling like mad, so figured they were having a great
time.  I extricated Finn from under the bed, (now I wanted to play, too!) &
when I looked at his face, they was only a bloody gash where his eye used to
be.  I promptly kicked the cat (sorry, feline lovers, but I was temporarily
insane) & called the vet.

His eyeball wasn't missing, as I first had thought.  The cat had scratched
his third eyelid & his cornea rather badly.  All's well that ends well,
though - we did not have to do corrective surgery (whew!) however, he will
probably have a scar on his eyeball.

I think the next time Finn meets a cat, It will be closely supervised & no
free roaming for several weeks (just to be safe)!

Good Luck!
Elfyr & Finnegan (cats? I don't like cats very much.)