From:
Christine Haas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 1995 11:46:22 CDT
Hi!

This may have been discussed before, but I JUST saw this on TV about 5
minutes ago, so I have to tell you about it!

I was eating breakfast, and watching TV, and there's nothing on Saturday
mornings.  Nick News ( a kids show ) was running a story on Portland, OR
and their free yellow bikes.  That was interesting.  At the end of the
segment they said something like, "Well you can't teach a FERRET to ride
a bike...  but we'll show you a girl who teaches ferrets all sorts of
"stupid" pet tricks."

I was taken aback, did they REALLY say FERRETS?  It was a 60 second short
on ferrets and a girl from the South Carolina Ferret Club (I *think* it was
SC, forgive me if I'm wrong, I was so excited).  They showed all sorts of
ferrets (mostly sables though, some shetlands, but I don't think I saw and
white ones, I think there were some silvers).  They spoke well of them,
said they were second only to gorillas in problem solving, spoke of and
showed their activities (playing with soda cans, playing in plastic bags,
tipping and digging in plants, walking around on tables, begging, looking
cute).  They should them in hammocks and in fuzzy boxes with holes in them
in their cages.  They showed LOTS of ferrets.

I thought it was very well done and was very happy to see a nice and
positive article about ferrets.  I wish I'd have had a VCR tape ready...

Enjoy!

Chris & (Scooter, Nina, Tavi Bear, and Bailey Nutmeg)

PS.  Anyone out there from MADISON, WI ??  Send me an email: