From:
Melanie Suzanne Pacella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 1995 11:51:02 EDT
Well, I have an addition to the family...a 1yr old, 3lb male named Norman.
I went to visit Fran Wiles ferret shelter in the Hagerstown area in Maryland
and this big boy just stood out because he is very talkative & a load of fun
to watch. He was neutered about a week and a half ago so I wasn't able to
take him home until last Friday.  Now that he is home he is spending most of
his time trying to escape from Gizmo's (2 yr old neutered male) annoying bites
to the neck.  I have them separated at the moment because Gizmo, for one, will
not let the poor boy have any peace. Although Norman is a big boy, he is the
sweetest ferret in the world and refuses to let Gizmo have it. I am wondering
what I could possibly do to get Gizmo to accept the newcomer. I tried taking t
them both outside to see if Gizmo was just jealous of him because he was in
"his" house, but the same thing happened.  Any similar experiences will be
appreciated & any possible suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  I also
have a female ferret, Maggie & she doesn't seem to go for Norman at all but
carefully checks him out. She doesn't check him out for too long though but
isn't bothered by him either.

By the way, if anyone is looking to adopt a ferret or two Fran has a bunch
of cuties. She has a lot of pairs at the moment & ones that can be adopted
individually. If interested, her # is (301) 416-0606.
Also, Ellen Byrne in Germantown Maryland has a bunch of cuties too. Her #
(301) 540-2756.
Everyone take care!
Melanie & the gang (Maggie, Gizmo, & Norman)