From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 21:49:18 -0500
I had a similar incident with one of my ferrets about a year ago.
I walked by their cage and Squirt was all stiffened up and rigid and
in the throws of a seizure.  I quick got some Karyo syrup and she came
out of if relatively quickly, and so I assumed it was insulinoma.  I
took her in to my vet who did a glucose at my insistance, but it turned
out normal.  He told me that any animal could have a seizure at any
time for no apparent reason.  He did not want to pursue a complete
workup of any type unless it happened again.  Some seizures are isolated
incidences and may never happen again.  (Squirt was almost 3 at the time.)
I, being paranoid, kept a close watch on her after that, but she has
never had another seizure and has been perfectly healthy since.

Hope your outcome with Puck is the same.

(Don't cha just love albinos??!! I have 3 of them, one of which is a rescue,
and although I love all my ferrets, my albinos are extra special....well,
all my ferrets are extra special!

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA