From:
JuliePaul from AOL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 1995 13:28:18 -0400
Misty just had her pos-op visit at the vet.  It has been 12 days since her
surgery for the Adrenal Cortical Tumor.  The laboratory has not been able to
diagnose the tumor as being benign or malignant.  They must send out the
sample for a second opinion. I am wondering if this is good or bad news.

She has gained 1 ounce since the surgery which now puts her at 1.4 lbs.  I
feel this weight gain is due to the fact that she receives Nutri-Cal 4 times
per day.  She loves it.  The problem is that I can't get her to eat her cat
food.  I have several kinds and have tried them all but she just turns up her
nose.  Ever since she got a tase of the dog food at my Mom's house, she
refuses to eat her cat food.  I don't know what to try next.  I know she is
hungry but it's as if she holds out for the Nutri-Cal instead of eating her
food.  She is on Nutri-Cal under the advice of the vet so I don't want to
take her off, especially since she is so small right now.  The only other
food she has shown interest in is banana and a piece of old Easter candy that
she took off with and unwrapped!   Help, I am getting worried again!

Ferret fetishes.........
>...Snoopy has a fettish mania for blue plastic toilet scrubbers...Pat
>Patterson

Misty also has a strange fettish.  She loves velcro!!  She chews on the
velcro on my coat sleeves, my travel garment bag, and the round velcro dots
that hold my husbands orthotics in his shoes.  She also likes to chew on a
certain blanket that I keep on my bed.  There are many on the bed, but she
seems to prefer just the one.  Strange habits these creatures have!

Thanks to everyone at the Ferret Mailing List for posting so many wonderful
stories and such helpful info...Keep it coming!

Warmest Fuzzies to Fuzzies Everywhere!
Julie & Larry Paulauskas

Misty "Look Ma!  These velcro things make a funky noise and I get a great gum
massage at the same time!!!"