From:
JuliePaul from AOL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 1995 18:45:17 -0400
Hi All,
Just wanted to let everyone know that we adopted two beautiful ferrets from
the shelter  today!  Both are albino, one male and one female.  The male's
name is Sobriety.  His former person was an alcoholic who tried to go sober.
The ferret was a gift for his efforts, hence the name Sobriety.
Unfortunately, his person didn't stay sober and Sobriety got loose and ended
up at the shelter.

The female did not have a name when we picked her up at the shelter.  I was
told that she was used to help rehabilitate sick and terminally ill children.
For her extrodinary efforts,we decided to name her Charity.

They are both wonderful, but Misty doesn't seem to think so.  The main reason
we wanted more ferrets was to try to get her more active and interested in
playing.  So far, Misty doesn't really want to be bothered and continues to
sleep in her corner.  If one of the new ferrets approach her, she sort of
nips and screeches at them.  I am hoping that it will just take some
adjustment on her part.  The new ferrets feel quite at home.  I was more
worried about them than I was Misty but they are fine.  Misty is not very
happy at the moment.

I am happy to report that Misty is doing a little better although still
sleeping too much.  She has gained weight and is now "tips the scales" at
1.75 lbs.  This is so much better from the 1.2 lbs she was 2 weeks ago.
Perhaps she just needs time to recover more from the surgery and then she
will become more playful?  I hope.

Just wanted to share the good news!
Warm Fuzzies!
Julie and Larry Paulauskas
(JuliePaul)

Misty-  "I give up!  One is in my blanket, the other is in my food bowl and I
am stuck here in my litter pan cause I'm being a big chicken."

Sobriety "Why is this new kid such a big grouch?!"

Charity  "Who cares, I need a nap and this new blanket smells so good!"