From:
Gail Sampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 10:10:09 -0400
   Hi! I'm the person who wrote a couple of weeks ago. I have Ming (the
ferret I got that was neglected/abused) and Mischief - that I acquired
as of August. I wrote previously of my dismay when I got Mischief because
of the difference between the two - as far as activity level, coat, etc.
Ming is mine through and through. When I brought Mishief into the house,
Ming wouldn't leave my side - she was extremely jealous - even though
the main reason that I got Mischief was in hopes that Ming would have a
playmate and would become more active. Well, after 7 months the two are
now inseperable. But I am starting to feel guilty about Mischief now. Ming
loves Mischief and will come out and play for 10-15 minutes, then she goes
back to bed. Mischief will stay awake and playing for HOURS. So, after
reading about the ferret owners on this listserve (many of whom have multiple
ferrets), I have decided to get a third.
   I am a little worried about having three (don't suggest getting four -
one at a time will do). Will my less-active ferret tend to be left out all
the time? She sleeps more anyway, but I don't want her to be too upset. Of
course I do realize that there is going to be an adjustment period. What
happens to you multiple ferret owners when you take them to the park? Do
you ALWAYS take all of them? Do the ones that stay at home get put out? I
have two females at the moment and am considering getting a male for a
change. Ming is very small and delicate and Mischief plays very gently with
her. Are males rougher than females? I've heard that some of the males can
become quite large. Any advice would be appreciated.    Thanks.

Gail
Ming and Mischief (the fuzzies)
Buster and Molly (the felines)