From:
Wayne Rothe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 1995 00:03:36 -0600
The other day my son and I had Farrah, our 3 YO albino female out in the
backyard when I had this idea for a game we thought we'd try. We have a
huge yard and put Farrah in the centre with my son and I on opposite
sides, about 15 metres from her (hey, we're Canadian, you Americans
figure it out). We had this soft ball that we started bouncing toward
her, trying to see how close we could come to her. I know what you may be
thinking, but the ball was soft and it wouldn't have hurt her even if we
could hit her, which was unlikely. Farrah doesn't get outside much, so
she sat there taking in all the scenery while this ball went whizzing by
her. Juvenile behaviour, yes, but my son loved it.

BTW, the other night we hadn't seen Farrah for several hours, and she
wasn't in her usual sleeping places. My wife and I went to bed and within
a moment heard a little ferret sneeze, somewhere in our room. Se checked
the drawers uner our waterbed, with no luck. We determined that she had
crawled under the bed through a hole behind the headboard. You can't move
a waterbed without draining it, so getting her out would be difficult.
She was scratching on the carpet so I knew she wasn't able to find her
way out on her own.

I managed to get a board off at the foot end of the bed but there was a
wooden support in the way. I took a saw and managed to cut a small hole
in the support and was trying to coax the reluctant Farrah out. She
wasn't willing to try it, so I took the saw and started enlarging the
hole. I was doing this when all of a sudden Farrah came walking up to me,
from behind. She had found her way out under the headboard and went up to
me with a look that said, "Hi. Whatcha doing? Looks like fun, but it's
late. Shouldn't you be in bed." I could have killed her, but my daughter
would have killed me. I know I'll laugh about this in a day or so.