From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 09:29:59 EDT
I have a somewhat strange question...
Does anybody else's ferret have a thing for dandelion greens?  Not eating
them, but rolling and writhing in them?  Every night when we go out for our
walk (always on a leash) (Amelia that is, although I let her think I'm the
one on the leash), Amelia beelines for a patch of dandelions near our front
door.  She rubs herself all over them, digging the occasional hole near their
roots.  Is it the dandelions themselves, or is she attracted to them for some
less savory reason (although I haven't seen other animals' droppings there)?
Also, are there any poisonous beetles that I should be aware of?  Amelia has
really whole-heartedly embraced the noble sport of beetle-pouncing and
crunching.  It's incredibly cute, although sad for the beetle.

Recently on my walks I've noticed that the francophone kids all know
what a ferret is, while the anglophone ones mostly do not.  Apparently
there's a French song about La petite furet that the kids learn! Great
public relations!
                 Regina and Amelia, la petite beetle-cruncher