From:
Nina Janes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 15:44:34 -0700
I love my fuzzies dearly and I thought I had a well ferret proofed house.
I was wrong. I came home a couple of nights ago and heard one of my
ferrets coughing. I found Muffin (inside a kitchen drawer where she has
not been before) chocking on a balloon I had left there. Only half of the
balloon was sticking out of her mouth, the other half was inside her. I
quickly pulled out the balloon, and she is just fine. She had chewed the
balloon and it was also ready to break off. If she had swallowed a part
of it, she would have been in a lot of trouble.

This is just a reminder to all of us, these wonderful fuzzies are so
curious and can get into some out of the way places. I will never bring
another balloon home again. This incident also prompted me to fetch all
their toys and check them for wear. My Smokie and Muffy and precious
little companions, and I want them healthy for a long, long time.

-----Nina Janes
        Colorado Springs, CO