From:
Christine Haas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 1995 21:12:03 CDT
Hi all,

GREEN VIRUS REINFECTION:
First, I've had the green virus - luckily, my kids all made it (Nina was
by far the worst, we had pretty much said it was ok for her to move on,
but by some stretch of fate she pulled through).  I'm wondering, if I am
in contact with someone else's ferrets who have/had the green virus, will
I re-infect my guys?  Or are they pretty much immune to it?  Or, are
there various strains such that although they've had one strain, they
could catch another?

CALIFORNIA:
Although I live in Madison, WI, I will be putting a green ribbon on my
car and scooter to signify the legalization of ferrets in California.  If
nothing else, a couple of people might ask me what its for and it will
give me a chance to educate people.

Also, I'm a mechical engineering student graduating in December.  There
are a lot of lucrative engineering firms in CA, and they all seem to be
hiring.  I will NOT move to CA or MA because of the legalization issue.
So, I'm on your side.  I am planning on writing a letter letting your
legislators know of this.

COOL FERRET PRODUCTS:
I've always been on the crusade for cool ferret products.  The only change
now is that I've been more and more successful as of late.  I've found a
"Domestic Ferret Key Chain" which also mentions their domesticity (is that
a word?) and that makes me happy.  It is made of pewter and is great!  Its
marketted by Serengetti, a wild life magazine, similar to the World
Wildlife Federation gift magazine.  And, as we've seen here recently,
there are now ferret checks, and ferret address labels, clear dryer hose
(which by the way I have).  The clear dryer hose is great, and my ferrets
love it to death, but it wasn't made for ferrets, and its ripping :(.

BAILEY & FITTING IN:
When I got Bailey I had one hell of a time getting them to all get along.
Scooter was my first, a little girl who had been abused.  She was so
timid and shy, now she's great!  Nina was a companion for her.  They were
sleeping together within hours.  Tavi Bear was my third, again got along
great, sleeping together within hours.  Boy was I spoiled!  Then came
Bailey!  He just wanted to attack everyone, even the girls who wouldn't
hurt a fly and wouldn't fight back!  Him and Tavi Bear lunged and bit
each other like mad.  And boy did they screach!  Plus, Bailey isn't
descented, so he sprayed.  It was awful.  It took about 3 months for me
to get them together.  I don't know what finally made it work, either.
Positive thinking, desperation, and some psychic friends putting spells
on them, or something :*).  Now, they are best of friends.

Take care all, best of luck with the fuzzies, consolensces to those
of you who have lost loved ones recently,

Chris & Scooter, Nina, Tavi Bear, and Bailey Nutmeg.
        w/green ribbon on car and scooter
Madison, WI             email me at: [log in to unmask]