From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 18:18:10 -0500
To SUSAN MEYERS:

While I haven't always agreed with some of the view points on the FML, I've
always thought people are individuals with the right to their own opinions.
However, I feel a real need to respond to your comments.

Susan, how can you compare a breathing, living, warm, loving, little
ferret to a computer or a car???  Why should a trusting little animal
have to pay for a human's stupidity??  These people never tried to find
out why the ferret smelled:  they didn't call a vet, breeder, shelter, club -
they made no attempt to find out if it was a medical problem, diet problem,
or hormonal problem.

My ferrets are spoiled - aren't yours??  Don't you make concessions for them?
The tone of the people on the FML is so UP :) !!  All the things we do for
them!!  Do you think the rest of the world lives with newspaper in the corners,
a litter box in every room, duck soup in the fridge?  I peel my ferret's
grapes,but I wouldn't do it for another person@!  I have bricks lined up
underneath my dishwasher so the ferrets can't get under there.  A 2 x 4
prevents them from getting behind the fridge.  The waste basket sits on a box 6
inches off the floor so they can't jump up into it.  All this stuff looks
normal to me.

I have a whole male and when he's in season he really stinks!!  I just change
my clothes more often as well as his cage.  I would never dream of giving him
up - Duss-T is the greatest ferret in the world and everyone should have one
like him.

If they had really loved Casper they would have learned how to deal with it,
they would have tried to find out what was going on, but no, all they did
was say "here, take him" and now he's fixed and doesn't smell, so he's ok???
I don't think so......Casper belongs where he is loved UNCONDITIONALLY - after
all, that's the way ferrets love us......

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA