From:
Cathy Mook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 19:51:40 EST
Hello,

I have a ferret question, and I KNOW this is the place to get it answered.
Rat, my 2 year old male is shedding hair and I am quite worried. I read the
article in the ferret FAQ by Dr. Williams about adrenal disease. Rat is
losing his hair (some, not huge clumps) all over his body, not just his
tail. At first, I thought perhaps he was getting rid of his winter coat and
getting ready for summer. But he is also a tad lethargic. This has been
going on for 2 or 3 days. Any ideas? Should I worry? Is it an adrenal
tumor? He is pooping, eating and drinking normally.

Any advice will be HIGHLY appreciated.

Cathy Mook