From:
"Long, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 16:43:56 EWT
Thanks for your extensive reply on what might be ailing Mork, you were right.
I tried to e-mail to you but that mil address just bounces every time.

A barium series was done last Friday and on Saturday the plain to see foreign
object had moved several inches. So the fluid injection and liquid paraffin
treatment was continued. By Sunday she had noticeably weakened and not passed
the blockage. A further x-ray pic showed the obstruction hadn't moved from
the location near the end of the colon.  Mork was operated on in the afternoon
and this little plastic/rubber cup barely 1/8th inch across (4mm) was removed.

She made a good recovery and then several hours after coming out of the
very light anaesthetic , she just curled up and went to sleep...dead.
She must have had post-operative shock , also she was very tired.

We buried her yesterday with the previous ferret Fredi (killed by a jogger)
and our 18+ years cat Ochi, between the apple trees and the spring snowdrops.

Still no positive ID on the object that she ate, shaped like a tiny teacup
with a broken handle. Rather like the spoke cap on an umbrella, but there's
nothing in the house like it.  If Mindy (her sister) knows she's not telling.

We can't get out of the habit of saying him instead of her, it was only in
her last 10 days that she came on heat for the first time and it was obvious
that what we bought as a boy was a gal.

C'est la vie, Peter and Graziella with Mindy.

End of Message