From:
"Long, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 17:53:10 EWT
Our ferret Mork, who just came into heat for the first time ( so we must
rename her Morkette) was treated three weeks ago for an E-colli intestinal
im-balance with antibiotic and doses of gut flora drops.
The stool analysis last week came back with 100% infestation with ??.pneumoneae
which our vet says is not pathological so no treatment is needed.
Now Morki had a one-off vomit attack 10 days ago which we guessed was related
to the novelty of coming on heat, but since 2-3 days she now has projectile
vomiting of undigested food about 40 mins after eating, even water does it.
Then she cries (as if in pain).  Up to now her stools looked normal so
something must be getting through her.
My wife is down at the vet right now but the ferret-friendly vet is not on duty

Do you have any advice of what to consider (to tell our deputy-vet), we can
be assured that any life preserving measures will be taken, like fluid level
maintenance.

Thanks,
Peter+Grazziella with Mork and Mindy

End of Message