From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 20:22:30 -0500
Gary writes:

<[Remember companies and the fda make money by lying to the public, look at
the <poisioning of people the AMA & fda do with the cancer fraud!

  Easy Gary...you're forgetting a few things.  Not that I'm a big fan, but
MD's and pharmaceuticals are under more scrutiny than NASA & Hillary Clinton
combined.  Holistic guys can claim anything; scientific guys can't claim
squat until they get corroborating evidence from their peers.  It takes time,
and then the FDA must bless.  Experiments -- particularly biological ones --
need control groups, empirical evidence, and duplication before their results
are considered valid.  If you can produce results with Burdock root, Sheep
sorrel, & Slippery Elm, then more power to you, but it's of little benefit to
the rest of us if you're the *only* one who can.
  I'm sorry that your brother didn't respond to treatment; cancer is a tricky
disease / affliction / condition no matter how you categorize it.  But
promoting the idea of conpiracy between the AMA and the FDA is a bit
paranoid.  Most MD's are willing to release a terminal patient when
conventional methods of treatment do not show results.   I agree that the FDA
is a bit slow in accepting new drugs and treatments.  It's the old "once
bitten twice shy" reaction; maybe the Thalidomide thing.

To Heather Jane and the following post:

<I thought I would try the watering device again as there was no place to
attach a water <bottle.  Well, one day I went in to check on him to discover
about an inch of water on the <floor!  Twinkie had lapped at the water with
his paw until the entire jug was empty.

  Yes, I can picture your guys now.  What a bunch o' little weenie heads.
They sure can subvert good intentions, can't they?  The self-feed waterer
referred to has a tube-end with a couple of ball bearings that prevent air
return, which creates a vacuum above the water in the bottle; there's no stand
ing water for them to play around in.  It sounds like we're calling the same
object by two different names.  How so that you have no place to attach a
water bottle?  If your cage is more than a foot tall, then there's gotta be a
way.  Hate to spoil Twinkie's fun.