From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 19:00:38 EST
Re: how did Knuk catch his toe in the cage?
When my first ferret, Mr.  Fuzzy Wuzzy, was quite old and spent most
of his time sleeping, I kept him in a cage part of the time to protect
him (also to keep him safe from Cinderella, a young lunatic fuzzbean
at the time).  One day I found him with a greatly swollen toe.  I
thought for sure that was the end, but his vet thought he could
survive anesthesia to lance his toe.  He came through just fine (minus
one toe), and lived another 6 months or so.  How he caught his toe on
the cage I'll never know; it's a plastic cage (made by Hagen?) and
there's nothing sharp on it that I can see.  I usually use it if I
think one of the fuzzbeans is sick, not eating, etc., though it took
Ralph about 5 minutes to escape from it.

Re: NY case
Myself, I would definitely like to continue to hear about issues like
this and don't mind the solicitation for money at all.  I think it's
an important case.  Thanks for letting everyone know about it.

--Ronnie
Cinderella, Norm & Ralph's mom in Mass.
"Chaos is our middle name"